Monday, March 8, 2010

Albies this week!

This weeks sale was fun! Not only were hot pockets free this week, but there was a great deal on the Betty Crocker fruit snacks. There is an extra catalina associated with them that was not on the Grocerysmarts list. I make it a habit to check PYP for little extra savings here and there. Found out that when you buy 5 or more fruit snacks you get $3.50 OYNSO. So with this extra savings figured into the fruit snacks I ended up paying out of pocket $0.17 per box! So for all 12 boxes I only paid $2.04, not bad. And for only $0.20 on the Dannon 4 pack yogurts (many varieties) I really felt like I scored this week!
Above is the Catalinas I left the store with. The $3.50 was for 6 boxes of fruit snacks. I bought 12 boxes but I seperated them in 2 different transactions to take advantage of the deal. Just make sure you check your expiration dates on your catalinas and don't forget to use them before they expire, these are like cash. Usually my objective is to use my catalinas before I leave the store. I do this by separating transactions and using them on different sales or regular priced items your buying.

Here is a breakdown of my savings...

Total value of purchase $132.34
Total Saved $99.82
Total out of pocket $32.52
Total percentage saved 75%
The coolest part about this is that I still have $13.50 in catalinas on top of this!!! If I figure this into my savings my total percentage saved would be 86%!!! Wow! I almost feel guilty for only paying this much! ALMOST!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I would have noticed this before the ad expired. Love coupons!

    ReplyDelete