Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stock up trip to Albies

I know, I know! I just bought cereal last week. But with all my company I've had lately, I will use this up fast. Plus we all have our favorites and frosted mini-wheats are my husbands. But how can you beat only 0.54 cents a box! As some of you may know, Tide is the only detergent I can use (as per my high maintenance hubby), so when they come out as a ***** 5-star deal, it's stock up time. I compared these little 50 oz. bottles to the Costco 170 oz. bottles. I paid .06 cents an oz. and Costco would've cost me .11 cents an oz. So if I would've bought a 50 oz at .11 cents it would've cost me $5.50. Instead I paid $3.49, so in essence I saved $8.04 just buying the smaller bottles at Albies with a sale and my coupons! That's a no brainer! If you want to compare Costco prices check out PYP HERE for a huge list.
Many of you will not know about the McCormick Catalina right now. I found a great scenerio on Fabulously Frugal which states the following...
Buy 4 at 4.99 BOGO $9.98
use 4 $1/1 from coupons.com (must use 47265 zip code)
get $2.50 Catalina back
Vanilla extract comes out to .87 cents each!
I think the catalina only works on extracts and food coloring cause I only got $1.50 cat. but I bought spices. If anyone tries it out, let me know if it works.
So my breakdown for the week...
Total value of purchase $120.95
Total saved $77.70
Total Spent $36.75
Total percentage saved 64%
Plus!!! I got 3 coupons for free milk, and $6.50 in catalinas back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment