Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stock up trips for the week - Smiths vs. Albertsons

I had a baseball tourney this past weekend that all three of my boys played in. I also took in my little cousin (his mom was out of town), and my sister and her family. It was so crazy. 21 baseball games in 3 days! Whew! I did survive! This weekend in particular I was feeling very grateful for Grocerysmarts, coupons, and sales past. I had plenty of food to feed everyone, snacks, drinks, and sandwiches for the games too! These tournaments can be very expensive for one not prepared. If I wasn't prepared I would be going to Wal-Mart at the last minute getting snacks, and dashing to fast food joints grabbing burgers between games for my family. That gets sooooo expensive! So I estimated that my family saved over $200.00 just this weekend on food. That is so awesome!
My stock up item for the week at Albies was of course...Cereal. At $0.42 cents per box, they can't be beat! Here is my breakdown...
Total Value of purchase $138.87
Total Saved $83.38
Total Spent $55.49
Total percentage saved 60%
Not bad considering I bought quite a few regular priced items I needed
Who got a hold of the Powerade at Smiths this week? As soon as these crates came into the store, they were gone! While I was there, 10 crates of Powerade came in. The clerk told me it would be gone in 2 hours easily. Buy 8 and get $4.00 off. The limit was 8 boxes. Crazy good deal at $0.25 cents each! This deal goes on for another week too, so just keep checking.
Total value of purchase $145.5
Total saved $112.8
Total Spent $ 32.70
Total percentage saved 77%

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and look at it often but I have noticed you do most of your shopping at Albertson's. I live in Herriman UT and used to do some shopping there as well but now that it's gone, would your second choice be Smith's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too got in on the powerade deal!! I also got 16 boxes of Ronzoni pasta for FREE, and spent $2 on 8 Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, I would definitely do Smiths. If you stick to one store consistently you'll see everything make its rounds on sale. Our Albertsons hasn't been the same since the switchover either.
    Heather, I did get the Ronzoni pasta too! Such a great deal!

    ReplyDelete