Saturday, February 27, 2010

Join in on the Grocery Classes!!!

I've been wanting to post pictures of some of my classes I teach for awhile now. Finally I remembered to bring my camera to take a shot! My awesome Hostess Kristina had a great class she hosted in her beautiful home! We had so much fun learning how to save hundreds! If you are interested in having me come to your home to teach you and your friends how exciting it is, just give me a call or email me today! I offer great hostess gifts and promise a class worth attending. Remember it's free to everyone!!!



I had to post my shopping trip to Albies for this week. I have been out of a few of my kids favorite cereal for awhile now, and they keep asking me, "Mom? When is the good cereal gonna be on sale again?" Ha ha, to them the nutritious kind I have tons of is not classified as the good kind! I do have to admit that Reese's Puffs is so yummy! We sometimes eat it as a dessert! Anyway, My family was thrilled to see my loot! This week General mills offers $7.00 OYNSO (on your next shopping order) for every $20.00 you spend. The cereal & fiber one bars were on sale for $2.50, so I did my first transaction with 4 boxes of cereal, and 4 boxes of granola bars which was exactly $20.00. Then I gave them my manufactured coupons which totaled $4.80. So out of pocket for the 1st transaction I paid $15.80 with tax. But out pops my 'catalina coupons' for $7.00 and $2.50 for the fiber one bars. My next tranaction was the remaining 8 boxes of cereal. Total $20.00. Gave them $4.00 in manufactured coupons and the $9.50 in Catalinas. So with tax on this transaction I paid $7.10. Then again out pops the $7.00 catalina. Now my last tranaction is the rest of my items. I give them my remaining manufactured coupons totaling $6.75 and my $7.00 catalina coupon. Out of pocket I paid $21.24. So for a total of 3 transactions here is the breakdown.

Total value of purchase $135.81
Total Saved $ 91.67
Total Spent $ 44.14
Total percentage saved 67%
Bam! Right on the money! This is so rewarding!!! Even after 2 years of shopping like this, it's still the biggest high!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I live in Vegas and attended a class you did at Mandy Brown's. I did Grocery Smarts for 6 months and haven't for the past 4. I'd like to get a renewed subscription and wondered if I am allowed the same "deal" through you? I had 5 Review Journals coming each Sunday. Also, I'm interested in hosting a class here in Vegas... are you interested in DRIVING?? :)
    My friend Amber contacted you and I think she's involved with this now too...thanks for all you do. I look forward to hearing from you. 317-654-0789
    Heidi Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come down to teach a class! I'll give you a call!

    ReplyDelete