Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stock-up item of the day


I had to quickly run to Wal-Mart for a few perishable items for dinner tonight and I wanted to price match only 2 things. Remember you don't always have to shop huge to save huge. My husband is very particular when it comes to his toiletry items. I don't get it. He was raised a poor farm boy from Clearfield! (Ha ha, no offense honey!) Anyway, he has to have High Endurance body wash, never will try any other brand. It's saddens me, especially when I could've gotten Mens Dove body wash 2 weeks ago for free! So the body wash doesn't come on sale very often. I only see it about every 6-8 months so when a sale arrives...I stock up! So here's the deal I got...

Regular Wal-Mart price $3.99
Rite-Aid sale I price matched $2.99
$1/2 coupon from PG 12/27
Final price $2.49 ea.
savings on body wash $12.00

Regular Wal-Mart price $1.28 ea.
5 Gum is on sale at WalGreens $0.99 ea.
(this is my family's favorite gum and we use a ton!!)
savings on gum $1.16
Total savings $13.16

I know, only $13.16 in savings? Well let me tell you it took me 5 minutes to cut out 4 coupons. Who could pay me $13.16 for 5 minutes worth of work? NOBODY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment