Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'M BACK!!!

I know most of you are probably wondering why I haven't posted forever, but things have been a little hectic and crazy for the last few months. I am still alive and realizing I'm really not a good blogger. I will still post now and again in case you want to glance at my blog once in awhile. I am still coupon shopping and still loving it in case you were wondering! Here are a few things I picked up this week at Albertsons and Smiths. At Albertsons I stocked up on some staples like Peanut butter, soup, oatmeal, potatoes, and assorted meats. But as you can see I also picked up a few other necessities that I needed. I knew my savings might not be as high because of the regular priced things I needed but it was still a good trip, here is my breakdown...

Total value of purchase $206.77
Total saved $108.70
Total spent $ 98.07
Total percentage saved 52%


Now Smiths is having a mega event. This means that every ten items you purchase you get $5.00 off at checkout. I definitely wanted to stock up on their Plastic cups, diswashing tablets, laundry soap, cream cheese, goldfish crackers, Pepsi (super bowl time!), chili, and pretty much everything you see here! I really felt like I scored with the Quaker Quakes that were FREE! Anyhow, here is my breakdown...

Total value of purchase $205.76
Total saved $118.21
Total out of pocket $ 87.55
Total percentage saved 57%


Remember, don't feel like everytime you go to the grocery store you have to shop with coupons. There might be some weeks go by that you find you don't really use any of the items that are on sale. This is fine, just buy your perishables and necessities you need and don't feel guilty about it. But my advice is to check the grocerysmart lists at least once a week. This will let you know what the killer deals are on that week. You don't want to miss out on the things your families use! Sometimes I only stock up on one or two items that I use my coupons for and the rest is regular stuff I always need! Don't make it complicated and stressful! This is suppose to be rewarding for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment