Tuesday, May 5, 2009

last day shopping and bread follow up

I ran to Albertsons today (my first time this sale) and grabbed a few items I needed and wanted. I had two goals today, get my 10 items so I can get another set of movie tickets, and get a few items I needed for dinner. This is my spread. I know what your saying, "what is she gonna do with all those pop tarts!" I also ask myself that question. They were out of the rice krispy treats, and I already used my $1.50 coupons on cereal a few weeks earlier. Sometimes you have to compromise right there at the store and get other items to replace the items out of stock. It's not that pleasant, but I try to have a back-up plan before I leave the house just in case. So the treat at my house for the next few months will be pop tarts! Hopefully my kids will get so sick of them they won't want me to buy them after this!
My favorite item this week would have to be the ground turkey, bogo (buy one get one free). Brings them down to $2.99 each and I had a $2/2 off coupon. Final price is $1.99 each! This is good quality ground turkey! Also everyones gotta love the free flour tortillas, right? This is a staple at my house!
Okay my favorite part is my breakdown...
Total value of purchase $73.16
Total Saved $49.08
Total Spent $24.08
Total Percentage saved 67%
plus, here's the kicker...2 FREE MOVIE TICKETS!!!! (valued at $24.00) so realistically I got all this stuff for FREE. Who doesn't love shopping when it's this much fun!!!
So I tried out the whole wheat bread recipe and it was a success!!! This is at least $12.00 worth of bread, and my family will actually eat this wheat bread. My favorite ingredient would have to be the instant yeast. No longer are you waiting around all day for bread to rise. From start to finish this only took me 45 minutes! I hope you try this out, and let me know how you liked it!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try this bread recipe! Is it posted somewhere? The bread looked PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete