Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last minute shopping!

I think my new title should be "queen of last minute shopping!" It gets so crazy for me, I can hardly find time to sneak away to the store. Anyway, along with last minute shopping comes the lack of items in stock. My Albertsons was out of 6 items I wanted! This is upsetting to me, and I know you all know how it feels. I ended up not being able to get my $10 off $30 group. Out of bandaids and Sudafed. I am definitely emailing ole Mike (My store manager) to complain. I urge everyone to do this so they will get on the ball. Anyway I didn't save as much as i'd like, I'm sure you all did better than me but here is my breakdown.
Total Value of purchase $96.29
Total Saved $53.13
Total Spent $43.16
Total percentage saved 55%
The worse part about this trip was that I forgot my double coupons at home!!! Good Grief!!!
I did pick up 5 rainchecks that I plan on taking advantage of.
My favorite buy this trip would have to be the Capri Suns for $0.75 that I was running low on, and just in time for Summer! Also the $2.00 off peelie that was on the Wheat Thins display! It said to buy a Family Size Nabisco Cracker and one pkg of Crystal Light and get $2.00 off! The Crackers were on sale for $1.99, so they were free! Of course you had to buy the Crystal Light but we love it!

1 comment:

  1. I waited until the last minute, too, and so I wasn't able to get everything I wanted. I did get 6 boxes of cereal, 3 cartons of ice cream, 2 boxes of band-aids and 4 antiperspirants for $12.01. (I remembered my double coupons.) It was a $53 value. Woo-hoo. Thanks so much for showing my ward how to do this! - Sophia Ford

    ReplyDelete