Friday, July 17, 2009

What to do with all this Yogurt!

Okay, so I am thinking today to myself, how am I gonna use up all this yogurt before it goes bad? I mean I like to eat yogurt, but my kids aren't crazy about it. They'll eat a few bites and leave the rest on the counter for me to find a few hours later. So I just found out (hopefully I'm not the only one) that you can freeze yogurt! Wow, I was way excited about that. I guess i've always froze my go-gurts so I don't know why i've never tried regular yogurt. Plus isn't frozen yogurt more of a tasty treat? Maybe my kids will like this better! Using GrocerySmarts I am always finding killer deals on yogurt so let's not be afraid to buy too much now! FREEZE IT!! This is my tip for the day!
This is another thing I love to do with Yogurt...I make yummy fruit dip with it. Summertime is the all time best fruit months, and topping our fruit dishes with dip is spectacular. I mix my yogurt with a package of cream cheese, add some sugar, and a dash of vanilla and Voila...Yummyness!!! My kids will pound away at fruit when it's dipped in fruit dip!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle emailed me what she does with her extra strawberry yogurt. She make this yummy fruit salad...
    32 oz strawberry yogurt
    8 oz cool whip
    2 Cups pecans
    1 Cup coconut(if desired)
    mix in all kinds of fruits and this fruit salad will be gone in minutes!!!
    Thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete