Thursday, April 9, 2009

Let's organize our pantry's!

So with all this stocking up we've been doing the last few weeks, I thought we could concentrate on organizing our pantry's. I thought I'd show you a picture of my pantry...NOT! I wish mine could look like this! I am a firm believer that if you know where all your food is and constantly keep it rotated, that it will save you money. Haven't we all had to run to the store at the last minute to buy an ingredient for our meal, swearing that we had that item in our pantry? Then two weeks later we find where we stashed it, but it's too late. We already spent time and money on gas and buying the item at regular price! What a sin! I hate it when that happens. So I wanted to share one of my favorite websites for organizing, organizedhome.com. Below are some links to great learning! They even have downloads for Freezer and Pantry lists. I love the freezer list. Anything I put in my freezer is logged in with a date. I also date the item with a sharpie. Then when I go to take it out I log it out. It is a great way to rotate items, thus saving money. I keep my freezer list right on my outside freezer with pen and sharpie right there. It's easy!

2 comments:

  1. ok, so you are so inspiring to me! I recently attended your class at the Pine View ward and I think I am on track to SAVE MONEY and lots of it. I have tried couponing off and on lots of times and I haven't been able to find a method that works for me....until now! Thank you so much for taking the time to teach us newbies all the tricks. It takes time but with patience, practice and lots of support from my hubby I am so going to do this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I'm so glad to hear when people are inspired to change their habits of shopping to this better approach! It feels so good when you feel you are making such a difference in your family's life by saving money! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete