Monday, April 6, 2009

Savings, Savings, Savings!


This morning I scheduled a few hours to run to Smiths and Albertsons for a few stock up items. I saved a ton! I went to Albertsons last wednesday but they were out of the items shown above. So today I ran by and, Hooray! they were stocked up! Plus, gotta love all the free eggs for Easter! Combining my earlier receipts and todays receipt I scored big time this week at Albies!! Here is my breakdown for my two trips combined...
Total Value of Purchase $190.38
Total Amount Saved $131.05
Total Spent $ 59.33
Percentage Saved 68%


Smiths was good but I got quite a few perishables and items I needed for homemade pizza tonight which never helps my percentage saved. My favorite buy was CHEESE! Grocerysmarts told me that Schreiber shredded cheese 5lb bag was on sale for $7.99. When I got there I couldn't find any so when I asked they told me to substitute 3 bags of 2lb Kroger cheese instead. So I got each bag for $2.66 which means I got an extra pound of cheese for free! Shredded cheese is great to freeze! Also, not pictured is my Case of Kroger Apple juice (forgot to include in my picture). I didn't feel like the case lot sale was too wonderful but for those just starting to stock up, I think its a great way to start! So here's my breakdown...

Total Value of Purchase $106.83
Total Saved $29.79
Total Spent $77.04
Total percentage saved 27%

Yes, even I have low numbers once in awhile! But it doesn't discourage me because it saved me a trip to Wal-mart where is seems I always spend too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment